Monday, February 2, 2015

I'm ready to work, but...


Yesterday I made the comment that I was going to get ready for the day and work, even with the snow, a self employment benefit.  What was the issue? I forgot to tell my family that. This is not going to be a complain about your family post, I promise. It's a people aren't mind readers and you need to plan post.

There were a lot of little things yesterday, first and most important, because it wasn't a time I was planning to work, I really didn't have it sold in my mind. I didn't change my calendar to show it was work time. Since Emily has moved out Sarah is moving into her room. After almost 13 years of being together (yes I am counting the ineutero) this has been a process. She wanted to work on it, and she wanted Lillian and I to help. I really couldn't give my I have to work speech because, well, I had to own my lack of planning.  

Once there was progress there and I thought I might sneak in for a few hours of work, Todd was in there doing taxes.  I know it's a pet peeve and my issue, but I HATE trying to work when he is in the office. Notice how I say try? We've been married for 20 years this month and NEVER once have I showed up to his job and asked him if he should be doing something a certain way. I know his intentions are good, but I don't need him aking me if that is really the way I need to measure an inseam. That being said, I was the one that hadn't let him know my itinerary so when he heard me upstairs question how many stuffies do tween twins need, he thought the coast was clear.

What I need to own is that I need to communicate with everyone, just for the simple reasons that I need to model being repectful to others to my kids and not expect people to read my mind.  We've really been working on the Golden Rule, three hormonal middle schoolers can be very, very vicious to each other. But, that means I need to follow it also, so maybe just maybe if I had treated others and myself how I wanted to be treated yesterday I could have had some quality work time. 

Today will be crazy, but good. Some alterations and repairs inbetween work and meetings. The kids have a snow day so let's hope the house is still standing and no one is bleeding by the time I get home. Any guesses on how many calls I get while I'm gone? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment