Sunday, February 1, 2015

Snow, snow, snow

I live in central Iowa and we are finally having an honest to goodness snow storm. I won't say blizzard because there isn't any wind...yet. We live on the prairie and, without exaggeration, we can get two foot of snow and have bare spots in our yard from the wind. This is a nice, really really thick blanket. Luckily it is a heavy snow and even with the wind expected today, hopefully the drifts stay under 5 feet. 

My struggle on days like today is like most people that work from home. Everyone is home, church, practices and meetings for the day have all been cancelled, I'd really like to just relax and enjoy our forced slow down of life. Except, my office is here, I have stacks of to do's, you know that pile of 'I'll get to it when I have an extra second' and it looks like that extra second is now.

Today is just another example of how those of us that are charting our own course need to strike while the iron in hot.  So, I'm going to go clock in and get this day going, knowing that when I sit down for our Sunday night Family movie, it will feel good to know that my to do stack is smaller than the drifts outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment