Friday, February 3, 2012

Oh trial and error

It is another fine day on the prairie, or at least I think it will be, it's a little dark. :) Last night was another fun night, but hey they all are!  We did inventory, looked at the calendar and realized that a certain rodeo schedule web site doesn't actually have the dates of 2012's season, they just take last years date and change the year.  No wonder the other sites didn't have much yet. For some reason I don't think most of the rodeos in Iowa are going to be on Monday's and Tuesday's this year.  I found out from a friend that most don't go on the schedules until March and April, so I am going to at least get all my family's stuff on the calendar and will fill in the blank spots with rodeos!

Niome does absolutely beautiful bead work, she works on a loom and I swear can make anything out of them.  She has made a fireman belt, playboy bunny hat band, broncs, praying cowboy, to name a few.  She also makes just some really pretty designs including zebra!  Anyhow, we are trying to figure out how to attach these to the leather the best way so that they last.  She had been stitching them down by hand, that works, but the time...yikes!  So she talked to a saddle maker we know and they said they just sew them down, perfect!  So I put a leather needle in the machine and got busy no problem, right.  Next step, glue the beads on the leather let it dry completely and then sew them down.  Hopefully this will keep them straight.  I think at one point I did look at Niome and say "Just once I would like us to have a new idea works the first time we try it."  I suppose there would be no fun in that though.

I guess at trip to Tandy's Leather Store is on today's agenda.  I am going in a consulting role, I have to be good and it is so hard in that store!  But today my job is to let Niome know what I can sew through and what I can't.

Everyone have a great Friday, I think I need to go find a cup of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment